Managing Mold in Sedalia & Warrensburg
SERVPRO® of Sedalia cases about the proper restoration of your home or place of business.
SERVPRO® of Sedalia knows prompt action is required with water damages to prevent the growth of mold in your home or place of business. Water intrusions can result from storm damage, plumbing or equipment failures, long-standing leaks and poor humidity control. It is important to address water intrusions to reduce the chances of mold growth.
If you are experiencing an ongoing moisture problem in your building, be on the lookout for:
- Visible mold.
- Strong, musty odors (may indicate mold is present).
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that may have caused undetected mold growth.
- Excessive humidity.
These situations may require the expertise of a qualified Indoor Air Quality/Environmental Professional to inspect the building for mold growth and water damage issues.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation. We are locally owned and operated and take pride in providing mold remediation services in our local communities in Pettis and Johnson counties.
Mold Remediation in Pettis and Johnson Counties
Have you discovered mold in your home or business? Here mold has been found behind drywall.
When a water source (leaky roof or plumbing) is introduced to a home or business, it can quickly become infested with mold. Mold can spread throughout a property in 48-72 hours. It has the potential to produce allergens and irritants that may cause additional health effects.
When you suspect mold in your home or business, SERVPRO of Sedalia can inspect and assess your property. If mold is discovered, we have the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
Mold exists almost everywhere, including indoors and outdoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Read over the following mold facts:
- Mold spores thrive on moisture and can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float in the air. They can enter your home or business through AC/heating systems, doors, or windows.
- The source of water or moisture must be addressed before the remediation can start. If not, the mold can return.
- What’s that smell? Mold can produce a musty odor.
- Higher than normal indoor humidity can aid mold growth. It is best to keep humidity below 45 percent.
If April showers leave you with a moldy May, contact the professionals at SERVPRO of Sedalia. We are here to help our fellow communities in Sedalia, Warrensburg, Knob Noster, and surrounding areas.