Sedalia & Warrensburg Winter Storm Preparedness
Is your vehicle prepared for winter storms?
A winter storm can come in a blink of an eye or we can know weeks in advance. Which ever the case may be, being prepared is always key in keeping you and your family safe. Be prepared with these needed items for your home and vehicle.
For the Home
- Flashlight and batteries
- Weather radio
- First aid kit
- Food that does not require cooking or being refrigerated
- Extra water
- Baby items (diapers, formula, etc.)
- Emergency heat source
- Check carbon monoxide and smoke alarm detectors
- Fire extinguisher
- Generator (review safety information)
For the Vehicle
- Tire Chains
- First aid kit
- Battery powered radio
- Flashlight and batteries
- Jumper cables
- Sand or kitty litter
- Candle and matches
- Windshield scraper and brush
Even when you are prepared, you may still experience ice dams, frozen pipes, or roof damage. If you do, call SERVPRO® of Sedalia for your water and storm damage restoration needs. We have the expertise and here to help our neighbors in Sedalia and Warresnburg areas.
24 Hour Emergency Service in Sedalia & Warrensburg
SERVPRO of Sedalia is there for our Sedalia and Warrensburg community.
Flooding and water emergencies do not care what time of the day it is. They do not have a schedule. SERVPRO® of Sedalia understands that water damages can occur at all hours of the day, on weekends, and/or holidays. We provide emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.
What to Expect in a Water Damage Emergency
On the initial call, you will be able to speak with someone who will empathize with your situation and gather the needed information for us to arrive.
Our uniformed professionals will arrive on site typically within four hours of notification to begin the mitigation services and address your concerns.
SERVPRO® of Sedalia is ready to help those in our community with their water damage restoration needs.
Prevent Christmas Tree Fire in Sedalia & Warrensburg
If you experience a Christmas tree fire this season, call SERVPRO of Sedalia.
Christmas trees are a beautiful sight and many love to see them glowing with lights. However, no one wants to see one glowing because of a fire. It is very important to dispose of the tree once Christmas is over or the tree has dried out.
In many areas, Christmas trees are collected curbside during the first couple of weeks in January.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, half of the Christmas tree fires are caused by electrical problems or a heat source being too close. When Christmas tree fires do occur, they tend to be more serious fires.
If you experience a fire in your home, call the professionals at SERVPRO® of Sedalia. We are here to help you with your fire damage in your home. SERVPRO® of Sedalia hopes you can wrap up the holidays safely.
Commercial Water Damage Restoration in Sedalia and Warrensburg
When a water damage occurs in your Sedalia or Warrensburg business, we are here to help.
What would you do? You walk into your business ready for a productive day at the office. Suddenly, you notice water pouring into the building. What is your next step?
If possible, shut off the source of the water or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
Call SERVPRO® of Sedalia.
We understand that time is money when it comes to your business. We can be on-site within a few hours to help reduce any further damage water can cause. SERVPRO® of Sedalia has the right procedures, equipment, and training to help ensure the structure is dry the first time. In turn, this will save you time and money.
Learn more about our local commercial water damage restoration by clicking HERE.
SERVPRO of Sedalia Water Damage Process
When a water damage affects your property in Sedalia and Warrensburg, contact SERVPRO of Sedalia.
Every water damage is a little different, and entails a unique solution. However, the general process of a water damage stays the same. Listed below are the steps for a typical water damage emergency.
Step 1: Emergency Contact
Cleanup and restoration begin with a phone call. We have a representative to answer your phone call 24/7/365. They will lead you through several questions to better understand your needs of the water event.
Step 2: Inspection and Damage Assessment
Our SERVPRO professional completes a detailed inspection of your property and determine the scope of the damage.
Step 3: Water Removal/Water Extraction
This step removes the majority of the water from your home or business.
Step 4: Drying and Dehumidification
SERVPRO of Sedalia professionals will manipulate temperature and relative humidity to remove the remaining moisture. Daily monitoring will occur until the materials reach an acceptable drying goal.
Step 5: Cleaning and Sanitizing
Walls, floors, and other surfaces of the property will likely need professional cleaning treatments once the area is dry. Restoring contents, odor removal and deodorization, and sanitizing treatments occur during this step.
Step 6: Restoration
This is the final step in the process of restoring your property to its pre-water damage condition.
Winter Storms in Sedalia & Warrensburg
When winter weather strikes, be prepared.
We have already begun to see the snow fall this fall/winter. Whether you enjoy seeing the white landscape or not, it is best to be prepared for winter storms. A winter storm can last a few hours or several days, even knocking out power.
- Create an emergency supply kit for your car and home.
- Sign up for your community’s warning system.
- Prepare home to keep pipes from freezing.
- Test smoke alarms and carbon monoxide.
- Stay off roads.
- Stay indoors.
- Listen for emergency alerts and information.
- Check on neighbors.
If you experienced frozen pipes, ice dams, or roof damage from a winter storm leaving behind a water damage, contact SERVPRO® of Sedalia. We have the winter storm experience and expertise to remediate damage caused by winter weather in Pettis and Johnson counties.
Highly Trained Restoration Professionals in Sedalia and Warrensburg
SERVPRO® of Sedalia is an IICRC certified firm.
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. We believe initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC industry certification is a must to properly take care of our customers. Our training program includes the following:
- IICRC Training
- Employee Certification Training
- Initial Franchise Training
- Continuing Education Classes
SERVPRO® of Sedalia takes pride in our training and what our crew has accomplished. Listed are some of our crews’ certifications they have earned to provide our customers quality service.
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- FSRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- RCT - Rug Cleaning Technician
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- UFT - Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
If you would like to schedule service for your home or business, please call today!
What to Do Until Help Arrives After a Fire in Sedalia & Warrensburg
SERVPRO® of Sedalia is here to help you with your fire damage.
If your home or business suffers a fire, you may be at loss on what steps to take next. The following tips may help reduce damage and increase your chances of a successful restoration.
- Limit movement in the property. It helps prevent soot particles from becoming embedded into your carpet and upholstery.
- Keep hands clean. It could further soil upholstery, walls, woodwork, etc.
- Cover upholstery, rugs, and carpet traffic areas by placing dry, colorfast towels or old linens on them.
- If electricity is off, empty refrigerator/freezer. Clean completely and prop open doors to help prevent odors.
- Change HVAC filters; leave system off until a trained professional can check them.
- Cover air registers with cheesecloth. Tape double layers to prevent soot particles from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
- If heat is off during winter, pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks and tubs to avoid freezing pipes and fixtures.
When you experience a fire damage in Pettis or Johnson counties make sure to call the professionals at SERVPRO® of Sedalia. We are here to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
What to Expect with a Commercial Fire Damage in Sedalia & Warrensburg
SERVPRO® of Sedalia is here to help when a fire occurs to your business or property in Pettis & Johnson counties.
Fire damage can be very overwhelming for a business or commercial property. At SERVPRO® of Sedalia we understand the importance of getting you back to your pre-fire condition quickly. Not only may you experience fire, smoke, and soot damage, water damage caused by firefighting efforts and fire suppression systems may occur, also.
Tasks to expect from the professionals:
- Detailed Cleaning – to remove excess soot or other contaminants from impacted areas through HEPA vacuuming and dry sponging.
- Selective Demolition – to remove unsalvageable materials or property.
- Pack Outs – to remove salvageable personal property from the affected area for off-site cleaning and storage.
- Air Flow Management – to remove airborne contaminants and soot and to reduce offensive odors
- Deodorization – to remove or mask offensive odors and return the affected area to a usable space
SERVPRO® of Sedalia will respond quickly and manage the fire restoration project through to its completion. We have the training, experience, and equipment to manage your commercial fire damage and get your property business-ready.
Managing Mold in Sedalia & Warrensburg
SERVPRO® of Sedalia cases about the proper restoration of your home or place of business.
SERVPRO® of Sedalia knows prompt action is required with water damages to prevent the growth of mold in your home or place of business. Water intrusions can result from storm damage, plumbing or equipment failures, long-standing leaks and poor humidity control. It is important to address water intrusions to reduce the chances of mold growth.
If you are experiencing an ongoing moisture problem in your building, be on the lookout for:
- Visible mold.
- Strong, musty odors (may indicate mold is present).
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that may have caused undetected mold growth.
- Excessive humidity.
These situations may require the expertise of a qualified Indoor Air Quality/Environmental Professional to inspect the building for mold growth and water damage issues.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation. We are locally owned and operated and take pride in providing mold remediation services in our local communities in Pettis and Johnson counties.