Winter Storms in Sedalia & Warrensburg
When winter weather strikes, be prepared.
We have already begun to see the snow fall this fall/winter. Whether you enjoy seeing the white landscape or not, it is best to be prepared for winter storms. A winter storm can last a few hours or several days, even knocking out power.
- Create an emergency supply kit for your car and home.
- Sign up for your community’s warning system.
- Prepare home to keep pipes from freezing.
- Test smoke alarms and carbon monoxide.
- Stay off roads.
- Stay indoors.
- Listen for emergency alerts and information.
- Check on neighbors.
If you experienced frozen pipes, ice dams, or roof damage from a winter storm leaving behind a water damage, contact SERVPRO® of Sedalia. We have the winter storm experience and expertise to remediate damage caused by winter weather in Pettis and Johnson counties.
Highly Trained Restoration Professionals in Sedalia and Warrensburg
SERVPRO® of Sedalia is an IICRC certified firm.
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. We believe initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC industry certification is a must to properly take care of our customers. Our training program includes the following:
- IICRC Training
- Employee Certification Training
- Initial Franchise Training
- Continuing Education Classes
SERVPRO® of Sedalia takes pride in our training and what our crew has accomplished. Listed are some of our crews’ certifications they have earned to provide our customers quality service.
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- FSRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- RCT - Rug Cleaning Technician
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- UFT - Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
If you would like to schedule service for your home or business, please call today!
What to Do Until Help Arrives After a Fire in Sedalia & Warrensburg
SERVPRO® of Sedalia is here to help you with your fire damage.
If your home or business suffers a fire, you may be at loss on what steps to take next. The following tips may help reduce damage and increase your chances of a successful restoration.
- Limit movement in the property. It helps prevent soot particles from becoming embedded into your carpet and upholstery.
- Keep hands clean. It could further soil upholstery, walls, woodwork, etc.
- Cover upholstery, rugs, and carpet traffic areas by placing dry, colorfast towels or old linens on them.
- If electricity is off, empty refrigerator/freezer. Clean completely and prop open doors to help prevent odors.
- Change HVAC filters; leave system off until a trained professional can check them.
- Cover air registers with cheesecloth. Tape double layers to prevent soot particles from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
- If heat is off during winter, pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks and tubs to avoid freezing pipes and fixtures.
When you experience a fire damage in Pettis or Johnson counties make sure to call the professionals at SERVPRO® of Sedalia. We are here to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
What to Expect with a Commercial Fire Damage in Sedalia & Warrensburg
SERVPRO® of Sedalia is here to help when a fire occurs to your business or property in Pettis & Johnson counties.
Fire damage can be very overwhelming for a business or commercial property. At SERVPRO® of Sedalia we understand the importance of getting you back to your pre-fire condition quickly. Not only may you experience fire, smoke, and soot damage, water damage caused by firefighting efforts and fire suppression systems may occur, also.
Tasks to expect from the professionals:
- Detailed Cleaning – to remove excess soot or other contaminants from impacted areas through HEPA vacuuming and dry sponging.
- Selective Demolition – to remove unsalvageable materials or property.
- Pack Outs – to remove salvageable personal property from the affected area for off-site cleaning and storage.
- Air Flow Management – to remove airborne contaminants and soot and to reduce offensive odors
- Deodorization – to remove or mask offensive odors and return the affected area to a usable space
SERVPRO® of Sedalia will respond quickly and manage the fire restoration project through to its completion. We have the training, experience, and equipment to manage your commercial fire damage and get your property business-ready.
Managing Mold in Sedalia & Warrensburg
SERVPRO® of Sedalia cases about the proper restoration of your home or place of business.
SERVPRO® of Sedalia knows prompt action is required with water damages to prevent the growth of mold in your home or place of business. Water intrusions can result from storm damage, plumbing or equipment failures, long-standing leaks and poor humidity control. It is important to address water intrusions to reduce the chances of mold growth.
If you are experiencing an ongoing moisture problem in your building, be on the lookout for:
- Visible mold.
- Strong, musty odors (may indicate mold is present).
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that may have caused undetected mold growth.
- Excessive humidity.
These situations may require the expertise of a qualified Indoor Air Quality/Environmental Professional to inspect the building for mold growth and water damage issues.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation. We are locally owned and operated and take pride in providing mold remediation services in our local communities in Pettis and Johnson counties.
Dos & Don’ts when Faced with a Water Damage in Pettis & Johnson Counties
When you are experiencing a water damage, call SERVPRO of Sedalia to make it "Like it never even happened."
Imagine, you come home from a long day of work and are ready to relax and unwind. You head downstairs to grab some food from the freezer for dinner and notice all the water in your newly remodeled basement. Not the relaxing evening you were imagining. What do you do?
- Call your local restoration professionals at SERVPRO® of Sedalia.
- Find the source of the water and shut it off, if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the source of the water.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building, when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical hazards may exist.
- Enter affected areas if electrical equipment, electrical outlets, circuit breakers, or switches are exposed to water.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water. It could possibly cause electrical shock or damage to the vacuum.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors. They may cause staining.
If you experience a water damage in your home or business, call SERVPRO® of Sedalia. We cover Pettis & Johnson counties. Our professional technicians are trained and understand how to manage the drying process. We never expect a water damage to happen, but if it does, call the team that can make it “Like it never even happened.”
Severe Weather: Watch vs. Warning
SERVPRO® of Sedalia is Here to Help®, when storms hit the Sedalia area.
Do you know the difference between a severe thunderstorm watch and a severe thunderstorm warning?
Watch: Be Prepared! This is issued by the National Weather Service when conditions are favorable for the development of severe thunderstorms in and near the watch area. The watch area normally covers numerous counties. They are typically issued for a duration of four to six hours. During the watch, stay informed, review safety rules, and be ready to act if a severe thunderstorm warning is issued.
Warning: Take Action! This is issued when either indicated by radar or reported by spotters. A warning typically covers the size of a city or small county. They are typically issued for a duration of one hour. People in the affected area should seek safe shelter immediately. Severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes with little or no advance warning. Lightening is not a criteria for issuing a severe thunderstorm warning.
When storms hit Pettis and Johnson counties, SERVPRO® of Sedalia is close by and ready to respond to your flood or storm damage emergency. We are proud to serve our local communities.
*Source: National Weather Service
Safety with Fireworks in Sedalia, Missouri
Have a safe and wonderful 4th of July from your friends at SERVPRO of Sedalia.
It's firework season! They are often used for special events and holidays—most commonly 4th of July. Fireworks can fill the sky with their beauty and create oohs and aahs from spectators, but they cause thousands of burns and eye injuries each year.
Firework Safety Tips
- BE CAREFUL!
- Keep a close on children and pets when fireworks are being used.
- Do not operate fireworks under the influence of alcohol.
- Always have a bucket of water or fire extinguisher nearby.
- Dispose of used fireworks by wetting and placing them in a metal trash can away from any building.
SERVPRO® of Sedalia wants you to have an amazing 4th of July. If your home or business suffers fire or smoke damage in Pettis or Johnson counties, contact SERVPRO® of Sedalia to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Commercial Cleaning and Restoration Services in Pettis and Johnson Counties
SERVPRO of Sedalia is here to help you with your commercial restoration and cleaning needs.
When it comes to your business, you need a cleaning and restoration company that provides excellent results while minimizing the disruption to your employees and clients. SERVPRO of Sedalia has the expertise and training to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
We are here to help to your business, no matter the size.
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
Commercial Building Restoration Services
SERVPRO of Sedalia has the expertise, equipment, and highly trained personnel to handle your commercial water, fire, or mold damage. Most importantly, we are available 24 hours a day to restore your Sedalia property and get you back to business. Our commercial restoration services include:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
- Commercial Mold Remediation
- Commercial Storm Damage Cleanup
- Disaster Recovery Team
Commercial Building Cleaning Services
Whether your need is removing an odor problem or deep-cleaning flooring or carpets, you can depend on SERVPRO of Sedalia to get the job done right the first time. We’ll respond promptly and make your work space look its very best.
Mold Remediation in Pettis and Johnson Counties
Have you discovered mold in your home or business? Here mold has been found behind drywall.
When a water source (leaky roof or plumbing) is introduced to a home or business, it can quickly become infested with mold. Mold can spread throughout a property in 48-72 hours. It has the potential to produce allergens and irritants that may cause additional health effects.
When you suspect mold in your home or business, SERVPRO of Sedalia can inspect and assess your property. If mold is discovered, we have the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
Mold exists almost everywhere, including indoors and outdoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Read over the following mold facts:
- Mold spores thrive on moisture and can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float in the air. They can enter your home or business through AC/heating systems, doors, or windows.
- The source of water or moisture must be addressed before the remediation can start. If not, the mold can return.
- What’s that smell? Mold can produce a musty odor.
- Higher than normal indoor humidity can aid mold growth. It is best to keep humidity below 45 percent.
If April showers leave you with a moldy May, contact the professionals at SERVPRO of Sedalia. We are here to help our fellow communities in Sedalia, Warrensburg, Knob Noster, and surrounding areas.